Linguaholic

Greetings everyone!

xXPandosXx

Hello everybody, greetings from Greece. My name is Anastasios, it means "resurrection" and it's a common name for Easter in my country (that's when I celebrate my nameday, too  :wink: )

I am fluent in Greek and English, and semi-fluent in German. I enjoy learning new languages because I believe that if you search inside a nation's dialect, you can find many interesting things about their culture!

Welcome Anastasios, interesting name now that I know the meaning.  :smile: I am sure you will enjoy it here, it's a great forum!  :wacky:

Incidentally, what does Pandos mean?

Pan is the greek word for "everything" or "all" and it's used in many words like "Pandemonium" (demons everywhere, a place with lots of noise and confusion), Pantheon (a temple dedicated to all the Gods), Panacea (the mythical cure for every disease) and more.

Dos is short for Deos, which means Awe. So Pandos can be roughly translated as "everything is awesome in its own way".

Welcome!

I am new myself. Thanks for defining your name. I have learned something new from reading your introduction. Can you tell me how to say hello, how are you today in your language?

Ofcourse!

"Ya su" is the simple "Hello" when you are talking to a single person, and "Ya sas" is the same for more than one people. "Kalimera" is goodmorning and "kalispera" is good evening. "Ti kanis? (tee kAnees)" is "How are you?".

So hello, how are you? is "Ya su, ti kanis?".