Linguaholic

What are your favorite English words?

Guest akasha24

Guest akasha24

Do you have any English words that are your favorite? Why do you like them? Do you like the sound of them or do you have another reason?

Some of my favorite English words are: Magical, Passion,Destiny,Rainbow,Lullaby,Sunshine,Butterfly,Galaxy. There are some more but I guess people associate words with feelings and what's important to them when choosing a favorite word :)

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

My favorite words of would be Sexy, Strawberry (for some reasons I always think this word is so beautiful on it's own), Avocado (it just sounds like a new word that rhymes from beginning to end), any words that end with 'ing' such as sing, thing, wing,etc and the word 'Angel' is also one of my favorite.

Very interesting choices. Mine would be LITERALLY. I like how this word challenges me to pronounce it properly! It has also helped me encourage a lot of my students before. My Korean students for example, would usually say it is a little hard to deliver orally because of 'r' and 'l'. 

One of my favorite words is scuba dive, I like the way it sounds, seems like a song. :) I think I also had a game called scuba dive when I was a kid.

I do not know why but we all do have some favorite words in each language! May be we just feel those particular words are stylish or cool  :tongue:

My favorite words are inherent, sophisticated, facilitate, embark upon, enhance, awesome  :laugh:

Interesting question, I've actually never thought about having a favourite English word (or words). My favourite words would probably be things that I generally like. Off the top of my head I would have to say that my favourite English words are:

• Fantasy
  • Love
  • Magic
  • Strawberry
  • Chocolate
  • Naughty
  • Aquamarine

I'm sure that I have many more, but these are the ones that I'm thinking about right now.

Quixotic is one of my favorites. Q and X are so rarely together in a single word, "exquisite" being the only other one I can think of offhand, but "quixotic" looks and sounds way cooler.

Other than that most words that I like are Spanish. Guitarra, anaranjada, chicharrones....Spanish words are way more fun to speak than English ones!

My favorite words of would be Sexy, Strawberry (for some reasons I always think this word is so beautiful on it's own), Avocado (it just sounds like a new word that rhymes from beginning to end), any words that end with 'ing' such as sing, thing, wing,etc and the word 'Angel' is also one of my favorite.

I agree! I think the word 'strawberry' sound very sweet. There is something about the word that sounds unique. I also like the word 'berry'. It is probably the main reason I like the word.

• 4 years later...