Linguaholic

How do you feel before an exam?

Guest akasha24

I am usually pretty relaxed before an exam. I generally do well and the only part that really hits me hard is speaking. I used to be the type who stressed a lot but I've changed over the last few years.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always feel nervous before any exam especially if I haven't got enough time to review my notes. I'm not that type of student who will be contented to just pass an exam. I always want to give my best and I even strive to get the highest score in class. I'm competitive. :D But when I know the subject very well and I really review my notes, it lessens the anxiety that I feel before exams.

I do not stress over exams, but being human I do get nervous. How nervous I am depends on how prepared I am? I remember going to an exam very much unprepared and tears came to my eyes as I cried over the grade that I knew I would get. But what that lesson taught me was that it does not matter so much  how you perform at something but that it is best that you have the experience of trying it out.

Just a bit of nervous and after appearing in exam everything gone.

Yeah that's true. I think that's the case for most of us. Once the exam starts and we unfold the papers the nervousness tends to dissipate. Unless you're a cheater and you have to constantly be watching your surrounding to see if you're gonna get caught.

For me, it's always 'lets get this over with'. There's nervousness of course ... anxious and determined to pass -_- But the feeling of annoyance (which literally for me means 'I want it to be over so I can relax') outweighs everything.

I do not stress over exams, but being human I do get nervous. How nervous I am depends on how prepared I am? I remember going to an exam very much unprepared and tears came to my eyes as I cried over the grade that I knew I would get. But what that lesson taught me was that it does not matter so much  how you perform at something but that it is best that you have the experience of trying it out.fully 

fully agree with you.  

When I've studied well, then I am usually more relaxed before the exam. If I hadn't studied at all then I try to cram everything in which is honestly just counter-productive :laugh: I like studying in peace so the same logic applies to exams. Before the exam, I try to find a quiet place to concentrate and focus. It's like a mini-meditation session to get me in the zone for answer test questions.

I usually feel just fine. This might sound a bit weird, but I never really worried about tests or the like. Most of the time I just remain relaxed and do what I need to do, and.. just get it over with. I can get a little bit nervous waiting for the results, but not during or before the exam itself. Even getting nervous waiting for the results is mostly because I was afraid of my parents' reaction. I was afraid that they would be angry and all that jazz. They never are though, probably why I'm relaxed most of the time.