Linguaholic

Swedish Textbooks/Learning Materials

eruvande

Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone has any good resources for learning Swedish? Having never taken it in a classroom context, I'm don't know how to do certain grammar things related to words and as far as writing or anything like that, I'm just awful.

So are there any textbooks or books in general to help with such items?

Thanks

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I do have a book in .PDF-format of Swedish grammar (in English), if you are interested. =) I am using another edition to learn Turkish, but realized that my knowledge of grammar terms were awful, so I got the Swedish edition as well.

If you want, I can send it to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Learning Swedish in Sweden is easier because they give you free classes if you live there. I attended one of those, and I can recommend the best book that can help you learn Swedish through English faster, entitled "A Concise Swedish Grammar" by Ballardini, Viberg, and Stjärnlöf. The book costs about USD 50, but it is definitely worth the price. All the rules in Swedish grammar in relation to English is discussed there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It is great to have you back on linguaholic.com deyvion!  :grin: hope your exams were/are a success!

Thank you, I'm glad I'm back too =) Especially seeing as there are many more in the Swedish section now! Wow

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone

I recently moved to Sweden with my wife to live and work in Sweden.

At the momment I have private Swedish  lessons 2 hours a day and this was my first studiying week. I have English -Swedsih lessons so it is little difficult because English isn't my native language. So things in my head are really meased up atm :D

Does anyone here have in pdf "A conscise swedes grammar"  that is willing to upload or send via e-mail?or any other helpfull book that would like to share with me?

And are there any native speakers  who have time to practice with me over skype or some other simillir way?Like pronounciation etc.

All the best

HellsBells

I recommend you to wait for Duolingo, they are going to release a Swedish course that will surely be as good as their other courses. So fr their Dutch course has taught me so much!  I really recommend them, but not sure how long they'll continue to be free, I guess once the BETA is over.  So if I were you I'd hurry!