Linguaholic

Do you think learning languages benefit you in any way?

mareebaybay

learning new language is a good thing for increase knowledge. sometime people think that is very lengthy process to learn new language, but i have epic experience to learn new language. recently i am trying to learn Arabic language from Madinah Arabic Tuition Center and i found they are providing really awesome service in the online.

On 4/6/2016 at 11:06 AM, FenWoFon said:

It all depends, for example, I currently live in a country where 0.5 of 10 citizens can speak english, not proper english but they try, I dont consider myself as an english speaker but I've learn a lot and I can actually say that I CAN speak english properly, everybody tells me that it is going to open many doors for me, job offers, girls will like me as soon as I start talking and stuff like that, I could really use that as an inspiration for my self person, however it will benefit you depending on the use you give to it, if you're learning because you wanna get a girlfriend go ahead and do it if you want but that is not a proper motive to learn, we gotta learn because we love it and we're somehow going to make a living out of it, at least that is what I think about that so yes, it benefits you a lot in many ways.

I never thought of it that way, but you are right. You will get more dating opportunities and people will like that you can speak English. A big plus to learning a new language is finding a new life partner. 

Learning languages has been a lifelong passion of mine--ever since my elementary school introduced Spanish lessons with Miss Maldonado.  Learning the language was a gateway to another culture, another world far beyond my own at the time.  Plus, it gave me reason to approach the ESL kids at the school.  In middle school, aside from learning Italian and Spanish, I took ASL extracurricular classes and got the confidence needed to speak with the deaf kids on my bus.  About the time I reached high school, where I took up French and Japanese, I had developed writing and speaking and interpersonal skills that would have never been honed were it not for language learning.  

Being bilingual has also opened a ridiculous amount of doorways for me.  The network of multilingual friends and acquaintances I have is astounding.  

As a kid I was not really interested in learning new languages, it's a passion I acquired growing up. I studied english in secondary school and in high school but it was only on a basic level. After that, alhtough I liked the language, I stopped and I went on with my life until I felt the need to learn english, I wanted to be able to read books and watch movies in their original language. It opened a whole new world for me. Now I'm bilingual, I have many anglophone friends from all over the world and I'm learning spanish. After that I hope I will be able to learn other languages. Learning languages has become a passion and I can say that it opened up my mind to different cultures, it has made me a better person and it has helped me to grow professionally.

It definitely helped me on a professional level, as I am using today English as a second language, being the language I use at work. I am also looking into expanding my knowledge of Spanish and German, mainly for career but also because of personal interest. I do believe that learning multiple languages becomes easier by the time you learn more than one, and also it is beneficial for you brain, keeping it active, healthy and even young.

Well I need the language for where I'm moving, so yes it helps lol :) It is more about making sure that I can do things as effectively as possible there, but learning the language is also helping me transition to the idea of being more comfortable with traveling around the world, which is a dream of mine. 

Didn't think of being multi-lingual as a tool against Dementia and such but I guess it makes sense. I do know that it helps when you in foreign countries that speak the respective languages to find your way around and conversing with the natives of those countries. You can even in turn help someone out of their situation whatever it may be, you could help to translate/interpret for them. Also, it helps you to meet new people simply through the different languages and better yet, it grants you work opportunities.

Personally, I have a very academic mind and I love to learn.  I have a desire to learn things that I will be able to put into practice in my everyday life.  With a love of travel, languages seem to be the perfect fit for me! 

Languages broaden your understanding of other cultures, allow you to fully experience another culture while on your travels, and learning keeps your mind active! This is not to mention the fact that many companies world wide are looking for bilingual people! Languages connect you to the world!