Linguaholic

One Stop Reference Guide on English Grammar.

DiesIrae

I remember I used to have a grammar book in English, but with old books being destroyed or given away, I sometimes do miss having just one resource for grammar reference. Do you have any suggestions, whether an app or a website, or even a book that you use most of the time for checking your grammar?

I just found out about Pro Writing Aid where you can check your text for overused words, grammar and spelling. You can also use it to eliminate redundancies, cliches, as well as vague, abstract and complex words. You can find out more about it at this link right here: http://prowritingaid.com

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out about Pro Writing Aid where you can check your text for overused words, grammar and spelling. You can also use it to eliminate redundancies, cliches, as well as vague, abstract and complex words. You can find out more about it at this link right here: http://prowritingaid.com

Never heard of this site before, but I was trying it yesterday after writing a lengthy article that was significantly improved by using  the tool on this site.

Thank you so much for sharing it :)

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

My one-stop website for grammar and writing reference is this website called: Guide to Grammar and Writing: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/

It's sponsored by the Capital Community College Foundation, of Hartford, Connecticut.

It's the most comprehensive guide I found on the net. It discusses thing from the Word & Sentence Level, Paragraph Level and so on..

This might sound silly but what really helped me with my grammar was just reading lots and lots of Archie comic books, and it would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn grammar as well. I'm not exactly sure what it is about that particular comic but I think it's just due to the the short bursts of exchange and the conversations between the characters are very grounded. It's hard to explain but I think if you read enough of it you'll find your grammar is formed more subconsciously which I think is the best way to go about it.

This might sound silly but what really helped me with my grammar was just reading lots and lots of Archie comic books, and it would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn grammar as well. I'm not exactly sure what it is about that particular comic but I think it's just due to the the short bursts of exchange and the conversations between the characters are very grounded. It's hard to explain but I think if you read enough of it you'll find your grammar is formed more subconsciously which I think is the best way to go about it.

I don't think that's silly at all. The constant exposure has made you all too familiar with the language that over time it has become second nature to you. While English isn't my first language, it is a mainstream language in my country. Thus, being constantly exposed with the English has considerably improved my English. I think because of our exposure (surroundings or comics), we pick a thing or two from those and through use of what we've learned, our grammar is improved in the process.