Linguaholic

Commonly misspelled words

RazKnows

Thanks for sharing.  That's a good, long list of words that are often misspelled.  I also looked at the homepage of the Web site and I see it's got a lot to offer.  There are many resources for learning the fine points of English grammar.  I'm always on the lookout for helpful online resources like these and many other people here in the forum are as well. 

As for misspelling words, we have been having an ongoing discussion on this and people have been sharing words that they have had trouble spelling: 

http://linguaholic.com/english-language-general-discussion-thread/which-english-words-do-you-have-trouble-spelling/msg6975/#msg6975

• 2 weeks later...

My personal misspells that still happen ascidentally.. err I mean accidentally :D

stenght

avaiable

unsconscios

pronounciation

youre instead of "your"

till versus til (is this even a mistake?)

There are many more but this is what I could remember offhand.

Oh and I have also forgot that words through, thorough, thought and though have always been giving me nightmares. That applies to both speaking and writing.

It does happen less and less often with practice through.. err I mean though!

I think I misspelled Wednesday until I was 16 or so.  :punk:

I don't even recall what caused me to step back and realize that I had it incorrect!

I also, apparently, misspell "misspell" -- seems like I am always missing an S. Also, vacuum. I tend to want to give it 2 c's instead of just 1.

I have a tendency to misspell the word "separate." I usually write seperate, just because of the way it sounds. I, also, misspell words that usually need to double up the last letter when conjugating. For example, I'd put "eatting" instead of "eating."