Linguaholic

Right & Wrong, a new section proposal

ALRO777

Hola a todos!

Me gustaría sugerirle a los miembros de este foro una nueva sección llamada "Right and Wrong", en donde cada participante que postee comparta un poco de sí mismo; gustos, anécdotas, sueños, etc. con el fin de conocernos más y a la vez poder practicar o mejorar nuestro aprendizaje en el idioma dado. En este caso, lo he abierto para "Español - Inglés", ya que soy nativo del idioma Español y estoy aprendiendo Inglés. La mecánica es la siguiente... si el idioma nativo del participante es Español, posteará en dicho idioma y a continuación lo hará en Inglés dentro del mismo post, pero SIN la ayuda de traductores; la idea es que con su propio conocimiento y la ayuda de los demás vaya comprendiendo y adquiriendo práctica. Podrá dejar igual y resaltar en negrita lo que no sabe cómo escribir. El compañero del foro que responda para CORREGIR lo hará poniendo ejemplos, para que todos podamos entender y aprender. Por supuesto que si lo que escribió en el idioma que cree saber dominar no lo hizo bien, también lo podrá corregir el que domine ese idioma. B)

Como yo lo sugerí, yo empezaré. ^_^

PS.- El nombre de la nueva sección queda abierto a nuevas sugerencias.

Hi everyone!

I'd like to propose to all members of this forum a new section called "Right and Wrong", where every participant who post in here, do that to share a bit about himself; gustos, anécdotas, sueños, etc. to pursue the goal of knowing each other a little bit more and also practice or improve the learning of the wanted language. In this case, I started for "Spanish - English", since I'm a Spanish language native and I'm learning English. La mecánica es la siguiente... If the native language of the participant is Spanish, he will post in that language and then he will do in English dentro del mismo post, but WITHOUT the help of translaters; the real purpose is that he can add comprensión and practice by his own knowledge and the guiding help of the members. Whatever he don't know how to write podrá dejar igual y resaltar en negrita. The participant who answer to CORREGIR will do that offering some examples, so all the people can understand and learn. Of course if the writed post suposedly right is not, it will be corregido as well.

As I mentioned this post, I shall start.

PS.- The new section name is open to new suggestions.

I like your idea! Here is your post with just a few corrections:

I'd like to propose to all members of this forum a new section called "Right and Wrong", where every participant who posts in here, do that to shares a bit about himself; likes and dislikes, stories and anecdotes, dreams, etc. to pursue the goal of knowing each other a little bit more and also to practice or improve the learning of the wanted language the language you are learning. In this case, I started for with "Spanish - English", since I'm a Spanish language native and I'm learning English. This is how we can do it... If the native language of the participant is Spanish, he will post in that language and then he will do in English in the same post, but WITHOUT the help of translaters; the real purpose is that he can add comprensión improve his understanding of the language and practice by his own knowledge and with the guiding help of the other members. Whatever he don't doesn't know how to write he can leave as it is and put in bold. The participant who answers to corrrect will do that offering some examples, so all the people can understand and learn. Of course if what was written in a language the person thought he knew well but turns out poorly done another member who knows that language well can correct it.  (Wow, that last sentence was a bit hard to translate.. someone else might have a better translation.

I'm learning Italian so....

Mi piace imparare l'italiano perché è divertente e mi è piaciuta troppo Roma. Ascolto molto la musica italiana, mi fa ridere i video di Fabio Rovazzi. È anche utile verder sul youtube gli intervisti con i musici, per ascoltare la lingua. Ho voglio di guardare piu film italiani ma non trovo molto per guardare. Ci sono Cinema Paradiso in Amazon adesso, presto voglio guardarli.    

GRazie!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mikala said:

OK.

Hello, I am Mikala. I am going to use this forum to talk about random things. Yesterday, I had food poisoning because of my university's terrible food. I'm so mad.:angry:

Here some corrections:

"Voy usar este foro para hablar de cosas al azar."  You only missed to add that single word in bold. :cool:

"Ayer tuve intoxicación alimentaria porque de comida terrible de mi universidad. Me tan enojada."  "Ayer tuve intoxicación alimentaria debido a la pésima comida de mi universidad. Estoy muy enojada." :smile:

Later I'm going to talk a little about me. ;)

My name is Alex, I'm 42, married and living in Mexico up to this time. I have more than eight years living here, and I feel so good; mexican people are very kind and warm, the nature is beautiful and the food is delicious. I'm from Chile, however my wife is mexican. This is my first time on a foreign country.

Greetings!

Correcciónes:

My name is Alex, I'm 42, married and living in Mexico up to this time. currently

I have more than eight years living here, been living here for more than eight years,

and I feel so good; Mexican people are very kind and warm, the nature environment is beautiful and the food is delicious.  Environment es una surgerencia. Usted podria usar nature pero pienso que environment es mejor.

I'm from Chile, however, my wife is Mexican. This is my first time on  in a foreign country.

Greetings!

Espero que ayuda!:smile:

En inglés in no tiene dos sentidos como español.

Por ejemplo:

La piedra está en la mesa. The stone is on the table.

él está en la casa. He is in the house.

Si usted dice on o onto es como decir sobre o encima de.

At es difícil explicar. A veces pienso es como "a" en espanol. Por ejemplo:

él está mirando a ella. He is looking at her.

Sin embargo, en inglés at tambien se utiliza para locación. 

Ella está en el centro comercial. She is at the mall.

Espero que ayuda!

Idioma es difícil.:wacko:

53 minutes ago, Mikala said:

Espero que ayuda!

Idioma es difícil.

Espero que ayude! o Espero que haya sido de ayuda. ;)

What do you mean with "Idioma es difícil."? Spanish language or learning any language?

Cualquier idioma es difícil. Mi compañero de cuarto es de China y siempre tiene dificultad con pronuncicación porque muchas palabras inglés se sonan iguales. Como: celery y salary.

Yo sé que tengo problemas con "rr"en español. Yo puedo decir "pero" pero no "perro". Tambien accentos son difíciles para mí. 

"Cualquier idioma es difícil. Mi compañero de cuarto es de China y siempre tiene dificultad con pronuncicación porque muchas palabras inglés se sonan iguales. Como: celery y salary.

Yo sé que tengo problemas con "rr"en español. Yo puedo decir "pero" pero no "perro". Tambien accentos son difíciles para mí."

"... y siempre tiene dificultad con la pronunciación, porque muchas palabras en Inglés suenan iguales."

"También los acentos son difíciles para mí."

Entiendo, lo que pasa es que ese sonido "rr" no está dentro de las consonantes inglesas. Es como el sonido "sh" tan común para ustedes, pero no para nosotros de habla Hispana. Con mucha práctica se podrían volver "familiares" esos sonidos.

I understand about that "rr" sound, since it's not in the English consonants. It is like the so familiar sound "sh" for you, English speakers, but not for us, Spanish speakers. :cool: That sound may become "familiar" with a lot of practice.