Linguaholic

Chinese Basic Learning

Hi!

If you wanto study Chinese by yourself I think you should set up a plan to study Chinese. It is not take too much time, but you have to try your best to follow the plan you made. And I think you should take 30 minutes per day to study Chinese.

You should watch Chinese TV game show,music show, reality show whenever you have free time. Also download some Chinese song into your mucsic playlist.

Moreover, if you have any Chinese free, you should make a conversation with them in Chinese or ask them to fix your pronounciation.

Hope this helps!

How much time you want to spend learning Chinese really depends on how quickly you want to get a good grasp of the language. If you're just learning for fun, then you can go at your own pace. If you're learning because you need to (for a class, for work, etc), then you should be prepare to spend some hours each week learning Chinese.

Here are a few links to get you started: http://linguaholic.com/chinese-links/study-chinese-links/

It depends on how fast are you able to digest what you've learned. It means how much do you like learning Chinese, which is the main key because that way you're interested in learning the language rather than being forced. I do see some people have spent a lot of time learning a new language, but at the end they don't really know the language because some of them might lose interest and some of them don't want to learn at all. I would say spend at least 20 hours a week on the language in order to get you through some basic stuff.

• 1 year later...

I use an app called Social Language. They've got tons of native Chinese speakers that can chat & practice   with you for free. I also had a friend in China said that they all use an app called "Social  Language". It's like a langauge exchange and social platform for Chinese & English speakers. Anyone using it as well? 

http://goo.gl/FxMYw0