Linguaholic

Hello from Greece!

jodig

Hi everyone!

I'm Jodig (just a nickname) and i live in Athens! I've been studying English since i was 12-13 and Spanish since i was 16. I am now 21, on the third year of Spanish Philology, so I've already done some translating and tutoring.

I think my next goal is to learn Italian! See you around!

Welcome to the forum jodig, I've always wanted to travel to Greece, I think it must be an amazing place with all those islands and beaches...  :wacky:

I hope you enjoy it here!  :wink:

@add7

Well I speak Greek and Spanish so I understand quite a lot. It's a beautiful language and it shouldn't be that hard to learn. Plus, I have some italian friends and I'm planning to visit Rome in 5-6 months!

@caparica007

Hi! I think you should! Most people love it here, there is something for everyone!

Hey everybody! My name is Jon, I am from the states, but my father is from Patra, Greece, and was adopted to the states when he was about 3 and a half years old. He was left on a doorstep of an orphanage in a box when he was 4 days old with a note, stating his date of birth, and his name. We have tried looking for any family there but, have came up unsuccessful.

I have been raised in the Greek culture aspects of living and everyday life, and was taught to be very proud of where my bloodline is from, and the fact that, in the process of trying to find his birth parents, we (my father and I) found out that our direct bloodline are the 300 Spartans and that "We should be very proud of it" (this being before the movie even came out!) I have had a little education to my native language through my father and myself as I got older (I am 23 now).

Recently, I have had a spark in interest to become fluent in Greek and even have a friend or two that is Greek as well, to where we can either, exchange some learning lessons or just chat and make a new friend or two  :cool: . So, if this interests anybody, please, by all means let me know!

Hey Jon! It's just awesome that you keep looking back to your lineage. You can only earn through that process and become richer!

Learning greek will also help you understand some aspects of english, and generally language structure!

I'll send you a private message for more.  :smile: