Linguaholic
  • Similar Content

• By Pomme_de_Gavin
      Salut! I'm probably more lazy than most, but I've always struggled with remembering vocabulary. I took French in high school and college, and have had an "on and off again" relationship with practicing ever since. There's always so many things I want to do, and French ends up taking a backseat.

I'm a developer, so me and a few friends made a free chrome extension to fix this. It immerses you in French or Spanish vocabulary on any website you visit. It's a pretty cool way to pick up new words, and it's really subtle, so you can keep it on for months at a time - and stay up to date with your vocab forever! We'd love it if you gave it a shot and let us know how we could make it even better for language learners

Check it out here! www.usefluent.co

• By tessietoto
      Hi everyone,
      We'd like to introduce a website to help learners improve their English at https://lingonut.com.
      Lingonut helps you learn by reading and listening to fun and educational news. Each article comes with vocabulary notes and a quiz. In the future, learners can also save these notes to track their learning.
      We're working hard to make the website a useful learning platform. Please let us know if you have any suggestions!
      Hope this helps! Good luck and have fun learning!
    • By Alena
      Hi everyone, 
      I wrote an article where I collected my thoughts & my friends' experience on the most powerful approaches to improve vocabulary and empower language learning. Check it here https://wordy.tilda.ws/how-to-improve-vocabulary.
      Hope you will find it useful and entertaining! 
      That would be interesting to know your approaches as well 
    • By Alena
      Hi all, 
      We are a group of enthusiasts whose hobby is language learning. We know how difficult it could be to learn new language and improve vocabulary, so we decided to build an app that will always be with you and will allow to quickly add the words you meet while learning language. 
      So far we are preparing the following ways to add new words: 
      by typing them with a keyboard (usual way for most of flashcards) by taking the picture (you will be able to take a photo from a book and add several words in a row, translation can be added automatically)  by speaking them / from the audio  We are now preparing Beta version of Wordy Flashcards app and will be ready to release it in AppStore soon, please check it at Wordy Flashcards Generator web page . 

Look forward to your contribution! 
    • By Kam
      Could you help me, how can I improve my speaking task:

From my point of view, the Polish education system has many failings, but the main failing is an attitude of many teachers in Polish schools. Firstly, the relation between student and teacher is too weak. It means that the teacher should discuss more with students. Moreover, the teacher ought to teach more individually. For example, if some students have many problems with speaking, the teacher should help him by giving advice, how to improve his speaking. I mean that the teacher should not only point out mistakes but also the teacher ought to help how to resolve the problem. In this case, the problem of students’ speaking. In other words, the teacher should be an instructor, who gives the student a helping hand.
      A few years ago I heard in some English Podcast that ‘teaching is not just testing”. I totally agree with this statement. The most important value of teaching should be helping how to improve students’ abilities. That is why, I think, that the teachers and lecturers should reduce the number of tests during the school or the academic year.
      Let’s move on to another disadvantage of the Polish education system. Personally speaking, I think that a core curriculum is inappropriate. In Polish middle schools, secondary schools and universities there are many unnecessary subjects, which are time-consuming, for instance: chemistry, Information Technology or biology.  If some students are not keen on this subjects, and they are sure that these subjects are not their cup of tea, they should learn at the same time their preferred subjects such us English or Mathematics  to polish up their abilities. If a student is not a biology fan, he should not waste their time in a subject which is not prospective for him or her.
      The best solution to solve this problem is a new curriculum. The student is aware which subjects can be useful for him in the future, and which subjects are completely unnecessary for him or her.
      To sum up, if we want to improve the Polish education system, Polish teachers should be more patient and should work with students more individually instead of working in groups. I do not want to criticize working in groups, but in my opinion, working in groups is less effective than individual work. What is more, teachers should reduce the number of tests because the tests take too much time. As I meant, the core curriculum should be also changed because there are too many unnecessary subjects.
The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...