Linguaholic

Great Free VERY EASY French videos

RoseThurst

French In Action http://www.learner.org/resources/series83.htmlis an older show that uses the immersion technique. It is very easy to follow along with, and even if you are just one week into learning a language you can understand a bit of what is going on and learn.

Do not be surprised or let it overwhelm you if you only understand one word in ten or twenty or more! It is immersion- they will put a focus on certain words and phrases that you are meant to learn. Such as "ca va" ("It goes" or "I'm doing good".)

I recommend only watching half of the first video- as it basically just explains how it works and is an advertisement.

It's entertaining, a great ego boost, and forces you to actually listen to the words. For someone like me who finds the verbal aspect of French to be the hardest part, it's a godsend.

The textbooks that you are supposed to follow along with are pretty pricey on the actual site, but considering they are giving it to us for free, I don't see a problem with that. You can watch the videos without the textbooks. Or you can buy them used online.

aimer!~