Linguaholic

Greetings from the beautiful country of Ghana!

Asaase

Greetings from the beautiful country of Ghana! I am Asaase and I am excited to be here. There are over 70 languages spoken in my country. My native tongues are Amharic, English, and Twi. I am Ethiopian from my mother's side. Therefore, I speak Amharic. I speak English because it is the official language of Ghana. I also speak Twi because it is one of the most widely spoken native languages in Ghana. I am learning French because Ghana is surrounded by francophone countries and I have to interact with many people who speak French, such as people from Togo and Cote D'Ivoire.

Welcome to Linguaholic, Asaase. We have members from all of the world here. Awesome to have someone posting all the way from Ghana. I admire your commitment to learning a new language. You certainly speak more languages than I am capable of. Good luck on your quest! You'll find many helpful posters here!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from this forum. It is quite common in Ghana to know three or more languages. I even have a friend who speaks 11 languages! I thought that this was quite amazing. I hope to learn that many or more someday.