Linguaholic

CJK, Arabic, non-Latin languages: how computing is going for you?

FlagOnce

Computing was designed mainly with Latin alphabet in mind. No accents, no acutes even for the Spanish or French, nothing, just plain latin letters. That's the base of the computing. After, with the expansion of computers and the horrible non-standard codes that started to come out, engineers found a way to support more alphabets and language without making it an headache. Well, making it a little bit less complex, since it is still a bit complex, honestly, but then.

But for everyday computing, how it's going for you? Is usage of computers easy? How do you manage the presence of Latin alphabet meanwhile it's not your native alphabet at all? Did you learn that alphabet?

Computing is a piece of cake in all my languages. There was a time when it was a little troublesome to change scripts, but those days are gone.

How do you manage the presence of Latin alphabet meanwhile it's not your native alphabet at all?

I think you meant to use if instead of meanwhile. You might want to look at some free basic english grammar exercises online; this kinda looks like you used google translate.

Computing is a piece of cake in all my languages. There was a time when it was a little troublesome to change scripts, but those days are gone.

I think you meant to use if instead of meanwhile. You might want to look at some free basic english grammar exercises online; this kinda looks like you used google translate.

And me, I think you start to be insulting regarding my spelling: meanwhile feels appropriate here. Maybe while would be more appropriate, but if/while/meanwhile are close and so I think I can use them as needed. Not much deal here.

But in fact, I appreciate corrections in general, but not from you. When you say my English looks like "Google Translate", it's not something I can't accept and in fact, you're pedantic here. For a community of language learners, your open mindness is as thin as a lonely strand of hair. So next time, either you do help appropriately and do not criticize randomly someone without knowledge, or you just say nothing.