Linguaholic

Spanish Language Insurance Site to Launch

This weekend, a version of Obama Care is to launch in Spanish. The site is called CuidadoDeSalud.gov.  It will allow Spanish-speaking people to sign up online for health insurance. What are your thoughts?

Link to news report: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/spanish-language-insurance-site-to-launch-this-weekend/2013/12/06/728ca0b8-5eb9-11e3-bc56-c6ca94801fac_story.html

I think this is a great idea! Due to the amount of Hispanic people living in some areas of the United States, this will really help more people understand the logistics of Obama Care. If those people had brochures or something that explained Obama Care, the website can be extremely useful if listed.

Also, people learning Spanish should take a look at this. It would be great to see if you could understand governmental issues if you are at that level in learning Spanish. This can be a good resource to gauge the Spanish proficiency because if you can understand this, then you can probably make a living in a Spanish-speaking country.

Although there are large amounts of people who speak Spanish in the United States, I still believe that other languages shouldn't be ignored. If the government has the ability to do so, I think they should consider creating sites in more common languages such as Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean, and German because English isn't even the official language of the United States. The government has the duty to help anyone and everyone.