Linguaholic

Nativelike English

I have found another small passage of the same quality pass regarding the assembly of a sofa, which also sounded weird. Does this passage sound natural and correct to native English speakers? Or does this part make the impression that it has been translated as well? 

“Afterwards the back cushions need to be tenderly clapped around the whole surface. Then pull the outside end of the back cushion with one hand while patting the cushion with the other hand towards the outside. Then continue to the armrests in the same way. Make the above procedures periodically to maintain the furniture's appearance and look.”

to me, the use of “make” (bold) sounds highly unEnglish. I rather would have used “repeat”, to give it a more natural and native-like appeal to the English speakers. As well, the use of “need to be tenderly clapped”, with the focus on “need to be”, sounds too direct to me for English conventions. What is your take on this? Should anything be changed  to make it more native-like? I would like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance for responding.