Linguaholic

Synergy

Dora M

Synergy: the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects... says the dictionary.

A while ago I came across an interesting guy called Marcus Santamaria who is teaching Spanish in a more unconventional way. He calls it synergy. Apparently it is a method of teaching Spanish that is based on patterns, and he claims that one needs only 138 words to be able to get by in the Spanish language.

Have you heard of this method? Does it work?

• 1 month later...

I have never heard of synergy and I don't know If I could agree on that . I know much more than 138 Spanish words and I struggle with the language, plus I get uncomfortable when I can't come up with the word to complete my statement. I definitely don't think 138 words is enough.

This is the first time I'm hearing of it, and it does sound somewhat plausible, although, I doubt it would give the same effect as learning all the words or just learning it the traditional way. I suppose it would be good enough to get you by which could be useful if you are just planning to vacation somewhere temporarily.