Linguaholic

Where you are makes a difference?

Peninha

If I have the cash, I'd be more than willing to spend time in a country using the language I want to learn. I agree with the others that learning with native speakers is one of the best ways to learn the language (both in terms of speaking and writing).

Sure, adapting into the culture will be hard, but it'd be a good way to learn the origins of the language, why the language is spoken that way, and even relate the language into the culture. Being exposed to people who speak the things you want to learn all the time is a nice way to 1.) see how things are pronounced, 2.) see the flow of the language, 3.) study the expressions and the gestures when speaking with others; as in, basic things that wouldn't make a difference in other places, but are really important to understand the language in that certain place.

I think most of the folks wanting to learn a new language would do the same if given the chance :)  Sadly not many have the cash to do so, but here in my country I've heard of programs where you  can travel to a country where they speak the language you want to learn and you can also work there.

Yup, it's possible to do that.  I actually read about that, some programs offer you to find a job for you over there, but you have to pay a lot more.  Like if the course and the place where to stay wasn't expensive enough!

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!