Linguaholic

French in Action

Anyone try this series? I bought the workbook and textbook of the new 3rd edition but haven't worked with them yet. They seem to get good reviews but was just looking for any feedback. They were supposed to release the second part of the workbook sometime this year but the date keeps getting pushed back :(

• 6 months later...

Anyone try this series? I bought the workbook and textbook of the new 3rd edition but haven't worked with them yet. They seem to get good reviews but was just looking for any feedback. They were supposed to release the second part of the workbook sometime this year but the date keeps getting pushed back :(

I purchased the course (textbooks, workbooks, study guide, and audio cd's) in July.  I'm half way through the third chapter.  While you can watch all the videos for free, the books are really needed if you want to learn French.  At the rate that I'm going I won't need to buy part 2 until at least next Spring or Summer.  I hope  they get the third edition out by then.

Let us know if you have started.

• 1 month later...

I am familiar with the series, back when I was very interested in several languages :)  I thought the course was great, specially the TV series, back then I was very interested in french and many other languages. I think this series in particular is a very great choice :) Don't worry, just keep reviewing your current course and you will be fine. This is what I am doing with my dutch course.