Linguaholic

Spanish Subtitles

One way I have been trying to learn Spanish is by translating Spanish songs that I like into English.  I was also thinking of trying to watch an English language movie or show with Spanish subtitles.  My only concern is that I'm not sure what type of Spanish they use.  I know that Spanish varies from country to country. 

Well, you can always go and find out. I mean it can't hurt, can't it? There's no way, or at least none that I can think of, to tell which Spanish they're using, because all subtitles are different. Open Subtitles is a great way to start by the way, I always go there for my subtitle needs. I think it's the most popular subtitle website out there, so you can check it out if you want.

It's weird how I've been doing Spanish for years And yet haven't delved into this kind of practice. Practicing to watch movies in English with Spanish subtitles is a great way for learning Spanish. I haven't done it deliberately but the few times I've watched movies like these it has really brought to my attention this fact. Now that you have mentioned it, it's like a reminder to me and I'm now going to go on YouTube and watch some movies with Spanish subtitles.

Well, you can always go and find out. I mean it can't hurt, can't it? There's no way, or at least none that I can think of, to tell which Spanish they're using, because all subtitles are different. Open Subtitles is a great way to start by the way, I always go there for my subtitle needs. I think it's the most popular subtitle website out there, so you can check it out if you want.

Wow thank you so much. I never knew that there were websites dedicated to movies with subtitles. I'm definitely gonna check it out. Thanks again.