Linguaholic

What Language Apps Are On Your Phone?

Cave Bear

Let's all list out which apps we have on our phones for learning languages, and discuss their merits!

I have Obenko for Japanese and DuoLingo for Japanese. 
Obenkyo is this great little app I use for memorizing kanji and vocabulary, and for maintaining my hiragana and katakana skills. I like to use it when I'm sitting on the bus or subway train on my way back and forth between work and home. 
I use DuoLingo for studying Spanish, since I was told that Spanish speakers tend to have the best Japanese pronunciation for some reason. I've heard things about DuoLingo supporting Japanese though. I may start using that, but I may continue using Obenkyo if I do, just because I like it so much.

That's an interesting idea - thanks, Cave Bear!

I'll list mine. They are just two :) Right now I'm using dict.cc app for all of my languages, to be able to check words on the go, especially in places where there's no wi-fi. And the other one is MyKoala, a cute little app for learning words. I must admit I love games and gamification of learning. And animals. So I was totally sold when I saw that the idea of the app is to get points from learning words to feed and otherwise take care of a koala :)

I also have (and play) some language-related games. My favourites are Guess Words (Russian) and Highrise Word Heroes (English).

I have Kanji Senpai, Kanji Nankuro, and Jsho for Japanese. Kanji Senpai and Jsho are studying apps while Nankuro is a Kanji crossword app. It's super hard and I've only been able to complete 1 stage so far.

I also have Pleco (a dictionary app) for Chinese.