Linguaholic

Have you tried LiveMocha?

Quepaso!

The application had over 30 languages and some amazing features. My favorite thing about this app was that it allowed native speakers to earn lesson credits (a sort of payment) through tutoring and helping those learning their native language. Unfortunately, the app closed down in April of this year. Did any of you use this app? Have you missed it since it closed down? Have you found any other apps which give the opportunity to earn credits by tutoring? In general, what did you think about LiveMocha? 

I never got an opportunity to use LiveMocha. It surely sounds interesting language app. I wish I knew it before it closed it down. Based on your description,I think I like the credit system. Compensating the tutors for their work also sounds very interesting. However one drawback that I spotted about this app is limitation of languages. Availability of languages make the app very limited. There are many language apps that support more than 30 languages.

15 hours ago, VinayaSpeaks said:

There are many language apps that support more than 30 languages.

I know the world is full of languages and that you have more languages than nations, but do you really thing that 30 languages are not enough for an app to have? I think that it is reasonable enough, Besides from English, German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Italian, Russian and Japanese and perhaps Portuguese and Hindi I can't think of any other languages with enough traction or demand to justify an app, don't get me wrong, I would love to learn something like Rapa Nui, that would be a blast but at the same time I can't blame the developers if they decided to limit the languages to a few of the strong ones and focus on those instead of trying to be sort of a jack of all trades.