Linguaholic

Your Target Number of Languages

gracerph

Hello everyone! :)

They say that the ability of a person to learn is limitless and I believe it also includes languages. One person can learn as many languages as he can if he/she wants to. I am only good at 2 languages right now (English and Filipino), and I also know 2 other native dialects in my country but I am open to learning more about other languages and dialects.

How many languages and dialects do you have good knowledge at the moment and how many more do you plan to learn?

We are from the same country, so I also speak 2 languages fluently, Tagalog and English. I don't know how to speak other dialects though. Right now I'm casually learning German and Spanish, but I just can't devote more time to it because I'm quite busy.

I don't have any specific number I want to reach and instead I just want to learn the languages I'm interested in so the number may change depending on whether or not I find some other language to be curious about in the future. As of now I can speak three languages and I'm burying to learn two more and hopefully I'll pick those up well enough to be fluent in a few years. I do want those languages to be second nature to me first before I move on to the next up goth so depending on how well I do I don't know if I plan on picking up any more afterwards. 

I don't have a specific goal number of languages that I want to learn either. I just have a goal to start learning a new language every year. So far I've learned over six languages. I am currently studying Afrikaans and I think I will do Latin next. I also have French and Chinese on my list. I just love the fact that there will always be something new for me to learn. 

@Norm A....great to see that we have a language in common LOL :) But I envy you the number of languages you can speak, way to go!

To answer the question, I can speak fluent Setswana and English, so only 2 languages. I don't actually have a target as far as the number of languages I'd like to speak fluently. I can speak some French and even less Italian. My dream is to one day build onto those two and get myself to the point where I'm comfortable and confident enough to converse in those two languages without breaking out in a sweat of complete nervousness hehe