Linguaholic

What is a good book to improve your English skills?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Guest akasha24

I personally think that practically any book is good for improving your English skills. It's just important to read a lot, it really doesn't matter what as long as you do it and enjoy it. Get a book that interests you. If you usually do not read a lot, then start with something short and gradually move on to longer books.

I personally think that practically any book is good for improving your English skills. It's just important to read a lot, it really doesn't matter what as long as you do it and enjoy it. Get a book that interests you. If you usually do not read a lot, then start with something short and gradually move on to longer books.

I agree.  It's important to pick books that are of interest to you.  The more you read, the more your English skills will improve.

I think biographies, for instance, can be very helpful.  Find biographies of people whose lives you find fascinating or who you would be curious to learn more about.  Or if you have an interest in history, then books on specific time periods in history might also be useful.

Or if you have an interest in staying current with trends and popular books, check the bestsellers lists at Amazon or the New York Times or other sites to see what's popular.

If you have an interest in literature and the classics, the works of such writers as Charles Dickens might also be helpful.  Dickens' work is very engaging.