Linguaholic

You know/realize you are a language nerd, when......

deen the breen

You turn on "japan mode" on your computer.

It sounds more fun than it actually is, and I only did it so that I could play a visual novel... Which was translated, by the way. Still feels pretty cool to have "Japan Mode" on my computer. The only differance is that some websites sometimes think that I live in Japan (and I am then redirected to their japanese page...) and that Word looks different. (Word in "Japan Mode" has ingoing corners on the sides. I'm bad at explaining it... Anyway it's obvious that those are there for japanese writing to look better. It looks somewhat odd when you don't write in japanese though)

On a more serious note, I don't really know. Maybe when you chose to start learning a fourth language? I've studied German for three years, so I'm now on my fourth if that counts... I was very good at german, but since I don't really need it, I'd rather spend my energy on learning japanese instead.

And FYI I don't really know how to write in Japanese, nor do I have a very good vocabulary... Yet.

When you start speaking in the language that you are learning and do not realize it until someone points it out. This happens to me all the time since I have been learning french. My friends always give me a blank stare.  :grin: