Linguaholic

Ni hao, sawadee ka, and hello!

Aishe

Hey everyone!

New here, and whilst English has always been my dominant tongue, I did grow up around Thai and Thai people so I have a good grasp of it. Only started learning Mandarin a few months ago though.

I always find that speaking and listening and reading are the easiest parts, it's always the writing that trips me up. I've been actively around the Thai language for about 3 years now and still don't have a firm grasp on how I should formulate my words.

I guess that means I'm not good with non-roman alphabets?

Anyway, it's nice to be here and hopefully have some nice discussions with you all.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

It's happening! ... Slowly. I've only learnt about a few general topics and such, but I've been surprised to see that I can catch snippets of conversations between native speakers, a few words here and there, and the same when I come across Chinese writing online.

Was having trouble with tones initially, I found it really difficult to differentiate between the second and third tones so that really affects my speech.

It's happening! ... Slowly. I've only learnt about a few general topics and such, but I've been surprised to see that I can catch snippets of conversations between native speakers, a few words here and there, and the same when I come across Chinese writing online.

Was having trouble with tones initially, I found it really difficult to differentiate between the second and third tones so that really affects my speech.

I see. Good luck on your study! Maybe we can write in Chinese someday, how does it sound to you? Chinese is a difficult language to learn, which I still have to keep learning it although I am able to speak, write, and read.

I see. Good luck on your study! Maybe we can write in Chinese someday, how does it sound to you? Chinese is a difficult language to learn, which I still have to keep learning it although I am able to speak, write, and read.

Yeah that sounds great! I think it's going to be a while until I could potentially do it, I can barely hold a conversation as of yet. :P