Linguaholic

Studying during your holidays

I have been learning Spanish for a couple of years now, and this year I will be travelling to Andalucía, Spain, to improve my language skills and to hopefully have a great time. :)

Are you planning to travel to a different country to get more efficient at the language that you are currently learning or wanting to brush up on? Have you ever attended a language school or course  during your vacation in another country?

At first I didn't know whether you meant foreign holidays, or time off work holidays. But both apply to me. I will be traveling to Iceland later this year so that will give me a chance to use what I have learned so far. as well as getting my first real life practice.

Oh that sounds like a lovely way of learning a language. It wouldn't even feel like learning since it's fun and for me that's the best kind of learning.  :wink: I learned new languages by exposure but it wasn't really on a holiday. More of I had to stay there so I had no choice but to learn the language.

I might go back to the Netherlands in a few months actually, I might take a course over there.  Actually my boyfriend said he is been investigating where I could take a dutch course in the Netherlands.  So I might end up taking a two months long dutch course :P  I hope it's an intensive course, because I can't stay longer over there, at least not for now.

So yeah, not my choice or favorite activity during a holiday, but if it's needed then yeah... I can definitely study during my holidays :)

Oh yes, well I want to go to Brazil in 2016 and explore the country and hopefully improve my language. I hope I will be better spoken by then. I already practice with some of the workers in a local Portuguese restaurant but I know that that Portuguese is different to Portuguese Brazilian so I have to not let that affect me

• 3 weeks later...

I take holidays as a time not to do anything. I don't like studying and giving myself a head ache during times allotted for rest. Though there are those people who truly devote their time for studying at any given time, I'm afraid I am not one of them. I also usually just goof around during holidays and enjoy the time to myself rather than stressing over studies.