Linguaholic

Has anyone tried learning Finnish with Live Mocha?

pitbulllady1979

I recently started trying Live Mocha to amp up my Finnish studies, but I haven't really found it to be that useful. I was wondering whether or not anyone has tried paying for a subscription to Live Mocha in order to use the advanced features? I am thinking about trying the paid service, but don't want to waste my time.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly dislike live mocha!  There are far better online platforms to learn languages out there. Much much better ones!  I haven't checked if some of the ones I used in the past also offer Finnish tho. Your best option would be to order a course online: book and audio CDs.  I tried that approach and it worked for me.  You could get the Rosetta Stone software as well or Pimsleur.

• 3 weeks later...

My Rosetta Stone program is in the mail. I agree with you about Live Mocha. The platforms for learning are extremely confusing, and seeing as how the microphone on my computer seems to have stopped working recently, it is virtually impossible to get any feedback from other students.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I actually started learning Finnish,Swedish and German with Live Mocha before their "change". I had found a nice person there who helped me find more sources for my Swedish learning but now we don't speak which makes me sad.It would be nice to have a source that makes words and phrases repetitive so that you get them into your head and it comes out naturally even if you first language is English. I just downloaded Duolingo to my cell so maybe that will help. I find the more I repeat things the more I remember them. Also with the sounds and writing. My Swedish writing is horrible but that is another story.

I used to study French at Livemocha before that "change" and haven't really used it since... also lost some contacts.

The Finnish study material is "meh", other languages like French and Spanish has much more better material. But the idea of real people correcting you is good. I have helped some people there, and got lot's of "tokens" (or what ever currency they are using) and used that for purchasing other stuff there.