Linguaholic

Norwegian section is up

• 10 months later...

Oh I wish I had the time to study Norwegian right now, I will try to contribute in the future (once I start learning Norwegian - because I do plan to do that just for fun and because I genuinely love Norwegian culture and language).   Adding a section for people trying to learn Kurdish would also be quite nice :)  Kurdish is another language I might be interested to learn, specially the sorani dialect. If you ever do that please split it by dialects. 

Oh I wish I had the time to study Norwegian right now, I will try to contribute in the future (once I start learning Norwegian - because I do plan to do that just for fun and because I genuinely love Norwegian culture and language).   Adding a section for people trying to learn Kurdish would also be quite nice :)  Kurdish is another language I might be interested to learn, specially the sorani dialect. If you ever do that please split it by dialects. 

hehe ok, will do. But from my experience I can tell that it is so much better to have have a limited amount of subforums, so I guess a subforum for Kurdish will not happen (at least not yet). :=) But feel free to start discussions about Kurdish in the 'Study more languages' section!

Thank you :)  Yeah, I guess it's better to keep it this way, otherwise it would be too crowded. I hadn't stopped to think about that :/   But I am just so glad Norwegian is up :)  Same goes to Finnish and Swedish!  Might go after those once I am done with dutch, french and German.  

• 4 months later...

I heard that Norwegian is easy to learn for those who already know English or German. Is it true? I think it could be very interesting :)

24 minutes ago, gangies said:

I heard that Norwegian is easy to learn for those who already know English or German. Is it true? I think it could be very interesting :)

In fact I heard the same. My friend, who is Swiss German like myself, he said that Norwegian was really easy for him to learn. So I guess for German native Speakers it should not be too much of a deal to learn this language. It is a Germanic language after all :=)

Yeah I think there is a lot of words that sometimes sounds similar in English or German. But also I saw many Norwegian letters like "ø" which could be hard to learn for begginers.

• 8 years later...