Linguaholic

Do you listen to podcasts to help improve listening skills?

I find that in podcasts, people often speak very clearly so as to get their point across. In TV shows and movies, they might talk faster because obviously you can see the action on-screen.

The other option is to listen to news channels on the radio but you might not always be able to tune in at a particular time for those shows, compared to podcasts which you just download once and can listen anytime

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I have been listening to podcasts recently, and these podcasts talk about social issues and other news of the day.  I also subscribed to a certain podcast about toys, games, and media, but I have been busy with real-life issues at the moment. Podcasts are very insightful, and depending on the topics they talk about, you will find listening to them really valuable.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't tried to listen to podcasts yet, but since you reminded me of them, I have been wanting to listen to Mo Twister's podcasts for the longest time now, and I heard that they can be very controversial. So I will download them. Come to think of it, my listening skills need improving when I am not interested in a subject, since I really just tend to make it appear that I'm listening but in fact I'm not, lol.

I haven't tried to listen to podcasts yet, but since you reminded me of them, I have been wanting to listen to Mo Twister's podcasts for the longest time now, and I heard that they can be very controversial. So I will download them. Come to think of it, my listening skills need improving when I am not interested in a subject, since I really just tend to make it appear that I'm listening but in fact I'm not, lol.

You should check out freaknomics podcast. It's really great and informative.

I've started working with podcasts recently :)  I'm taking so seriously my dutch learning, and so far the podcasts have been a real help! I like them for the same reasons listed by the OP: I find them easier to understand that let's say... TV shows and such. They are so clear, I personally love ''Dutchpod'', these are just awesome!