Linguaholic

Are You Planning To Make A Good Use Of Your Skill ?

kurdapia

After achieving a satisfactory language proficiency ( written and spoken) what do you plan to do next? Are you thinking of making a good use of your skill like maybe earning from it? Get engaged in transcription, translation, or teaching a foreign language? Which language in your own opinion would the most in demand or would pay the most should you decide to take a job related to the ones mentioned?

After achieving a satisfactory language proficiency ( written and spoken) what do you plan to do next?
Looking the the next challenge, which is hard because there are so many languages to choose from and so few I want to choose from.

Are you thinking of making a good use of your skill like maybe earning from it?
Probably not earning, but languages are always helpful in business.
I'm a web developer and designer, knowing multiple languages may get you international clients.
I'm a game developer, localising your own games yourself will save lots of money and time.
I'm about to become a language teacher as well, the reason behind this one may be obvious.

Get engaged in transcription, translation, or teaching a foreign language?
For a hobby, yes.
For a living, no.
I attempted to make a living out of translation, but clients always ask you to translate the hardest pieces of text available (like medical stuff, legal stuff, this all requires a native university graduate lol).

Which language in your own opinion would the most in demand or would pay the most should you decide to take a job related to the ones mentioned?
That's a tricky one.
English gives you the best pay in big multinational companies, but it's far from demanding (because that's what most people in the west can speak).
Western companies often demand Chinese speakers because of the trade relationship between China and the west, and yet westeners mostly don't speak Chinese.

Yes, I plan to get a higher education and hopefully a better job :)  I must dominate Dutch in order to do that :)  After that I'll keep on learning other languages, but for pure passion and love to their respective cultures.  I'd never get a job teaching though, but I'd not mind to get a hospital job as a translator while I am still working on my education ;) That would be awesome!

I am going to have to confess that I only wanted to lean French so that I can go on vacation in France. I will probably only be there a week and will spend years of my life trying to learn it for a vacation. In reality I probably don't even have to learn it, but I still want to try it out.