Linguaholic

Basics of Hindi

ashwinr1

He Ashwin! How are you doing man? I thought you are good in Hindi, but if you want some help, I don't think any ebook would do you any favors. You need to practice speaking Hindi and conversing with those who are good at it.

He Ashwin! How are you doing man? I thought you are good in Hindi, but if you want some help, I don't think any ebook would do you any favors. You need to practice speaking Hindi and conversing with those who are good at it.

I can see what you mean, wowtgp, but I also understand ashwinr1. Maybe a book cannot make you fluent in a language, but it can provide you with the basics to start out. Whenever I want to learn a new language, I always get myself a book talking about the basics (they use books to teach language at school, after all.) =)

Kindly provide a reliable source to learn the basics of Hindi. I would be more than happy if it is a Ebook  :smile:

This site gives recommendations of 5 books for learning Hindi - Top 5 Hindi Language Books

I hope it helps you =)

I can see what you mean, wowtgp, but I also understand ashwinr1. Maybe a book cannot make you fluent in a language, but it can provide you with the basics to start out. Whenever I want to learn a new language, I always get myself a book talking about the basics (they use books to teach language at school, after all.) =)

This site gives recommendations of 5 books for learning Hindi - Top 5 Hindi Language Books

I hope it helps you =)

Thanks for that link! Would definitely check it out  :smile:

Unfortunately I could not learn Hindi in school. Yes agree with you that I need to converse which am trying to do but then I just wanted to learn a little bit of the basics from an ebook :)

Hello, ashwinr1. When I first started Hindi, I used the Teach Yourself Hindi book, it has been by far the best Hindi book I have used so far. Also in the same series there is, Get Started in Hindi, Speak Hindi, and Read and Write Hindi script. All of which are really good.

Hello, ashwinr1. When I first started Hindi, I used the Teach Yourself Hindi book, it has been by far the best Hindi book I have used so far. Also in the same series there is, Get Started in Hindi, Speak Hindi, and Read and Write Hindi script. All of which are really good.

Thanks for that valuable information :) Would search for them over the internet and kickstart my process of learning Hindi soon  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...