Linguaholic

drawbacks in learning

shoxona

I have been studying English for 3 years. And every year I try to make progress but it seems to me that I can not do it. Because if a person has any fears like mine. I'm afraid before the public. I'm lost every time I'm among people. I want to answer but all thoughts disappear. I'm afraid to be wrong. I want to expand my thinking and vocabulary in English.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

19 hours ago, shoxona said:

I have been studying English for 3 years. And every year I try to make progress but it seems to me that I can not do it. Because if a person has any fears like mine. I'm afraid before the public. I'm lost every time I'm among people. I want to answer but all thoughts disappear. I'm afraid to be wrong. I want to expand my thinking and vocabulary in English.

Dear Shoxona, you must believe in yourself! You are capable of doing what other people can, you are not worse, they are not better. All you need is to keep faith in your abilities, practice and never give up! I am sure that in the nearest future you will see the big results of your efforts!

Regarding your fears, everything new seems scary unless we do it. Go beyond your fears and worries, look straight into the eye of your weakness and tell it that you are stronger. After few successful speeches, your confidence will grow and fear will creep your mind less and less often. You cannot even imagine how delighted, fulfilled and satisfied you will feel yourself after overcoming your fears, so please, do not be afraid and try! Good luck!

3 hours ago, Aisha Sultan said:

Dear Shoxona, you must believe in yourself! You are capable of doing what other people can, you are not worse, they are not better. All you need is to keep faith in your abilities, practice and never give up! I am sure that in the nearest future you will see the big results of your efforts!

Regarding your fears, everything new seems scary unless we do it. Go beyond your fears and worries, look straight into the eye of your weakness and tell it that you are stronger. After few successful speeches, your confidence will grow and fear will creep your mind less and less often. You cannot even imagine how delighted, fulfilled and satisfied you will feel yourself after overcoming your fears, so please, do not be afraid and try! Good luck!

Many thanks for your attention and tips! I think that the reason of my fear to speak English is the lach of my vocabulary range. How do you think how i can tackle this problem and become a confident speaker? Did you have any of these issues? What methods have you used? Please share your experience!

1 hour ago, shoxona said:

Many thanks for your attention and tips! I think that the reason of my fear to speak English is the lach of my vocabulary range. How do you think how i can tackle this problem and become a confident speaker? Did you have any of these issues? What methods have you used? Please share your experience!

If your main problem truly is vocabulary, then I think there are many ways you can address this problem. Most of the online language learning platforms server this purpose really well. Have you tried out Duolingo, Memrise or maybe Anki? While those platforms have serious flaws when it comes to teaching you important aspects of a language like Grammar and learning how to speak, I think they are not all too bad for studying vocabulary. Some people are having a hard time to find the motivation to simply learn vocabulary by heart. If this is a problem that you are currently facing, then using one of those platforms could come in very handy. They make learning vocabulary more fun altogether, as they are "gamifying" the whole process and make it less boring. This might work for some people, while other people may just regard this approach to learning a language as too trivial. 

In my opinion, learning vocabulary is mostly hard but not necessarily difficult work. Because all you really need to do is learning those new words and know in which context a specific vocabulary item is appropriate. Grammar, on the other hand, is usually a much more complicated matter. Well...all depends about the language as well, of course. Some languages, like let's say Chinese, come with a fairly easy Grammar. 

You know what? Even people who's native tongue is English do not have a perfect grammar, even famous American celebrities :)  The best way to master any language is to always use it and be confident when speaking it. If you think you made a mistake, that's okay, it's normal, nobody's perfect. Also, try to read books, watch English movies and TV series and try to apply the jokes or phrases you will pick up. The best way to lear is to keep on practicing.