Linguaholic

Alice Munro, 2013 Nobel Prize in Literature: Have You Read Her Works?

LauraM

As you may know, Alice Munro was awarded the 2013 Nobel Prize in Literature.  It was announced just today.  She is a Canadian author who is renown for her short stories.

Has anyone read any of her works?  Do you have any particular favorite short story collections and/ or stories that she's written that you might like to recommend? 

I'm curious to know as she's an author I've known about for a long time but I'm not all that familiar with her work.  I've read a few of her stories over the years that were in anthologies.  I also read "The Love of a Good Woman" a long time ago, and enjoyed it very much.  I'll be reading some of her work again, too. 

• 1 month later...

Firstly, congratulations to her! That is an awesome award to receive as an author especially when there are so many people who really don't ever get acknowledged for their works.

Here's a link to an article that offers some more links to about 18 of her short stories for you to read for absolutely free! Enjoy!

http://www.openculture.com/2013/10/read-14-short-stories-from-nobel-prize-winning-writer-alice-munro-free-online.html