Linguaholic

Help me to get the phrases and words right for Biathlon.

Kaffi

I need help to perfect thise lines and phrases, that I will need for the Biathlon in Holmekollen this winter as voulenteer. I do not have time to talk alot of German and there seems not to be anyone around to talk with on a regular basis this winter. My German is sorely lacking in practise this year.

Not in center- outside of center, when shooting on the target.;

außerhalb Zentrum ?

To late (in) to the finishline , the very last leg into the finish line.

zu spät, um die Ziel ?

How many shots have been fiered in the race?, Is he/she going to have penalties?

Wie viele gemieden wird im Rennen gefeuert? Er / sie staffetid? 

I know there are several ways to account for penalties, but here its about addig time.

Where do we  put the extra bullets? 

Wo wir die zusätzlichen Kugeln ?

Its to icy, we need to level out the stand. This one I have a real problem with , so please help!

Es gibt eisigen, müssen wir sichern zu glätten.?

Can you please walk around the restricted area, we are preparing it for the race , its very slippery here.

Bitte außerhalb der Sperrzone zu gehen, machen wir deutlich, auf das Rennen, es ist sehr glatt. ?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I need help to perfect thise lines and phrases, that I will need for the Biathlon in Holmekollen this winter as voulenteer. I do not have time to talk alot of German and there seems not to be anyone around to talk with on a regular basis this winter. My German is sorely lacking in practise this year.

Not in center- outside of center, when shooting on the target.;

außerhalb Zentrum ?

[ausserhalb des Zentrums] (beim Schiessen auf die Zielscheibe)

['beim Schiessen auf die Zielscheibe' refers to 'when shooting on the target']

To late (in) to the finishline , the very last leg into the finish line.

[Zu spät im Ziel angekommen]. [Die Schlussstrecke zum Ziel | Der letzte Abschnitt bis zur Ziellinie/ ]

How many shots have been fiered in the race?, Is he/she going to have penalties?

Wie viele gemieden wird im Rennen gefeuert? Er / sie staffetid? 

I know there are several ways to account for penalties, but here its about addig time.

[Wieviele Schüsse wurden abgefeuert?] [Gibt es für ihn/sie Zeitstrafen (aufaddierte Zeit)]

Where do we put the extra bullets? 

Wo wir die zusätzlichen Kugeln ?

[Wo kommen die zusätzlichen Kugeln hin?]

Its to icy, we need to level out the stand. This one I have a real problem with , so please help!

Es gibt eisigen, müssen wir sichern zu glätten.?

[Es ist zu eisig; wir müssen den Stand neu ausrichten]

[What do you mean by level out? Please tell me and I will translate it accordingly]

[if this is about the place where you shoot, it's called Schiessstand instead of Stand]

Can you please walk around the restricted area, we are preparing it for the race , its very slippery here.

[bitte halten Sie sich ausserhalb der Sperrzone auf. Diese wird gerade für das Rennen vorbereitet. Es ist sehr glatt hier.]

Great , thank you so much!

Stand refers to both the are og the targets as well as to the are where the athlete is standing. Whats the difference?

Restricted area, means both a fobidden area withouth proper accriditation, as well as an area restricted for preperation, as well as to make safer if its too icy, to slippery, to many cabels in the way.

Some of these have been translated by different people speaking an array of languages and  from different countries all over the world and used in the international world of biathlon, so I know there are a whole lot to imporove.

Vielen Dank!

You are welcome, Kaffi

But in fact in this context, the restricted area is the area that you are not supposed to walk into, right?

What about the phrase 'level out the stand'. Please let me know what this means exactly, so that I can provide an appropriate translation.

Thank you!