Linguaholic

TL: Japanese/ NL: English | Communication: Skype, Facebook, Wechat, Line

Dale

こんにちは。はじめまして。 よろしくお願いします。 私の名前はデールです。日本語を学びたいです。 苦手ですが、勉強していきます。

Hello, My name is Dale. I am a native English speaker trying to learn Japanese. I would love to help you. Please feel free to message me.

• 1 month later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

On 5/13/2020 at 1:39 PM, Dale said:

こんにちは。はじめまして。よろしくお願いします。私の名前はデールです。日本語を学びたい勉強中です。苦手上手くないですが、勉強していきます練習してみたいんですよろしくお願いします。

Hello, My name is Dale. I am a native English speaker trying to learn Japanese. I would love to help you. Please feel free to message me.

Not bad, but:
・Choose between こんにちは or はじめまして (the latter is for first time only, while the former is the generic one for during day time).
・よろしくお願いします should be used at the end, not at the start.
・私の名前は is textbook language, please refrain from using it, 0% of the Japanese speakers ever use it when exposing their name.
・Literal translation of 学びたい is "want to learn", but in Japanese it's very unnatural. It's better to say "I'm learning/studying" (勉強中) instead.
・苦手 isn't necessarily incorrect, but it does give quite a negative feeling to it (kind of like "I hate the language" rather than "I'm not good at the language"). Instead, 上手くない is better since it's much softer (think like "I'm not so good at it, but I'd like to improve").
・Considering you're posting in Language Exchange Corner, it's a bit strange to say 勉強していきます. It's feels like if you were walking away and say "bye bye, I'm going to study Japanese for now". Instead you'd want to say 練習してみたいんです (I want to practise), since that's the point of this part of the forum.

■□■□■

I'm not so good at verbal communication myself, although my spoken Japanese skills are much better than my spoken English skills (the wonders of living in Japan away from the foreigner bubbles).