Linguaholic

Hi, everybody!

timesprinkler

Greetings, internetlings. As you have probably guessed, I am new to this forum. I am a linguistics undergrad student in my last semester; I'll (hopefully) be doing my masters in ling next semester.

I am a native California English speaker. I've studied Japanese on and off for a few years to a pretty mediocre grasp of the language. I've also dabbled a bit with Vietnamese, Spanish, German, and Finnish, although those are all very weak. I'm currently taking a field methods class in which we are examining Kisii/Ekegusii, a Bantu language; if you know anything of the language's phonology or morphosyntax, please no spoilers  :tongueout:

I want to get back into studying Japanese with a degree of seriousness, as well as add in another language or two. I'm thinking one tonal (Vietnamese or Mandarin, most likely) and one Indo-European (Spanish or Swedish.)

Aside from language stuff, I like music (mostly folk, folk punk, and ska), video games (I write part time for a video game news/review blog), and tabletop gaming (D&D and the like.)

I look forward to getting to know some of you and practicing language and stuff.

Hey Timesprinkler

Thank you for that interesting introduction! I am always happy to see new fellow linguaholics' joinin the Forum! I speak German, French, English and Chinese so far, so if you have any question about those languages, feel free to ask me and I will try my best to answer it properly :=)