Linguaholic

Help me to translate this in French

I really need your help in writing a short paragraph about myself to a friend but he only knows French.

My name is Christine and I am from Jamaica. I am 24 years old and have a 2 years old daughter. A second year Business Administration Student at the University of the West Indies. The fact that we want to communicate with each other and are not bilingual, you can try downloading a translation software to help us along the way.

If you have any suggestions as to a good software you can just state the name. Thanks in advance.

I can help you with that. However, some of those sentences are a little bit weird. Is this the complete text that you would like to get translated into French?

My name is Christine and I am from Jamaica. I am 24 years old and have a 2 years old daughter. A second year Business Administration Student at the University of the West Indies. The fact that we want to communicate with each other and are not bilingual, you can try downloading a translation software to help us along the way. If you have any suggestions as to a good software you can just state the name.

Please clarify. Then I can help you with the translation.

I asked my daughter who's taking French in Yr 12. This is what she typed in:

"Je m'appelle Christine et je suis jamaïcain. J'ai vingt- quatre ans and j'ai un fille et elle a deux ans. Je vais à l'Université des Antilles où j'etude Administration des Affaires et je suis dans deuxième année. Je sais que nous voulons à communiquer mais nous ne pouvons pas comprendre l'un l'autre donc tu peut essayer télécharger logiciel de traduction pour nous aider."

Roughly translates directly to: "My name is Christine and I am Jamaican. I am 24 years old and I have one daughter and she is 2 years old. I go to the University of the West Indies where I study Business Administration and I am in my second year. I know that we want to communicate but we cannot understand one another so you can try to download a translation software to help us."

And sorry I don't know of any translation software that you can use. But I can ask my daughter to ask her French teacher for one. I'll let you know as soon as she replies. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Thank you for providing this translation! It gets the meaning cross pretty, well, however there are still some mistakes in it. Let me provide some suggestions as well (not complete yet).

I asked my daughter who's taking French in Yr 12. This is what she typed in:

"Je m'appelle Christine et je suis jamaïcain. J'ai vingt-quatre ans and j'ai une fille et elle a deux ans. Je vais à l'Université des Antilles où j'étudie Administration des Affaires et je suis étudiant en deuxième année.

Moreover it is un logiciel de traduction and tu peux essayer de télécharger.

In the sentences 'Je sais que nous voulons à communiquer', you would need to delete the à. Moreover, this sentence does not sound very natural. Instead of 'Nous voulons communiquer' you could say something like 'engager la conversation' or 'faire la conversation'.

Thank you for providing this translation! It gets the meaning cross pretty, well, however there are still some mistakes in it. Let me provide some suggestions as well (not complete yet).

Moreover it is un logiciel de traduction and tu peux essayer de télécharger.

In the sentences 'Je sais que nous voulons à communiquer', you would need to delete the à. Moreover, this sentence does not sound very natural. Instead of 'Nous voulons communiquer' you could say something like 'engager la conversation' or 'faire la conversation'.

Thanks Linguaholic for improving the translation. I think this must not really be a perfect translation since my daughter is just studying French in school. Although, that's been her language option since Year 7, she does not have an actual application except when we travelled to France and that was even 2 years ago.

Yes, Verba. I completely understand! I really appreciate the fact that she translated this passion for one of our members here on linguaholic.com! That's awesome. Please say thanks to her in my name. Thank you.