Linguaholic

The Adventure of English

Daedalus

I heard of this documentary series a while ago, it's about the history of the English language.

Unfortunately, videos of it on YouTube have been removed, so it can be a bit of a hassle to find the episodes, but at least I have found the 1st episode here, hopefully it stays online long enough :P

The Adventure of English (BBC) - (1) Birth of a Language

You can find a list of all episode titles at topdocumentaryfilms.com, so you can use that to search the other episodes on YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

I already linked to that page in the OP. If you try to watch those videos, you will see that several episodes in the playlist are no longer available. You will have to search for them yourself.

But if you're interested in English language, it'll be worth it :)

I already linked to that page in the OP. If you try to watch those videos, you will see that several episodes in the playlist are no longer available. You will have to search for them yourself.

But if you're interested in English language, it'll be worth it :)

Yes, this is worth watching, especially if you really want to understand the English language and its history.  Sometimes, that's also important to be able to use the language in a more logical way.  You need to know certain roots and it will be easier to understand why words come together that way.