Linguaholic

こんにちは

Teira Eri

Hello!  こんにちは。Bon Jour~!

My name's Valerie, and I'm presently living in Japan as a freelance writer and dancer.  I've attended a Japanese Language School in the past but am now enrolled in a Japanese dance college in Shibuya.  Feel free to send me questions about Japan and the culture if you're interested.  It's one of my favorite things to talk about.

I do teach English and writing in English.  If you're interested in that, again, feel free to contact me.  Additionally, I'm going to be rather active in the English learning forum.

Presently, while my Japanese is pretty decent (ペラペラ, my Japanese friends say, but I disagree), I'm also studying French on the side.  I've always loved the language and seek to enhance my understanding of it even further. 

Looking forward to conversing with everyone here.  See you around the forums!

I once had two Japanese friends.  Their husbands were working in the Japanese embassy in my home country. Since they were having difficulty to converse with the locals, they were attending English language course in British Council, where I was also honing my English language skills. I was interested in two thing: one, learn how to use chop stick, and two, how to say nihow (I hope I spelled this right).

I tried to learn couple of Japanese sentences such as "I love you," "I miss you" etc. sadly, I forgot the sentences too quickly.

5 hours ago, VinayaSpeaks said:

how to say nihow (I hope I spelled this right).

I guess you mean to say "Nǐ hǎo" and that's Chinese, not Japanese.