• Similar Content

• By kpopfangirlstudies
      Hi this is kpopfangirl.
      I am from the US.
      For a couple years I have been wanting to learn the korean language. I want to learn because to become smarter, to make friends from the country, because I've always been interested in Asian cultures,  also because I love kpop music. When I'm older I want to visit the country if its possible.
      Here's facts about me: 
      I enjoy writing stories and poems, drawing, reading books and manga, loom knitting, watching anime. 
      Hope we can be friends! 
      I will probably be asking a lot of questions on this forum. :') 

• By citrontea
      Looking for a language exchange partner? Want to make friends all over the world?
      Recently our new site https://sharelingual.com/en/ launched, and we are looking for users who are interested in language exchange. Currently, you can open up an account and connect with other users from all around the world for free. Whatever language you're interested in learning, you can find a great partner. So, if you're currently studying a language or would like to make global friends, we hope you check out sharelingual.com!
      Look forward to seeing you there!
    • By bzylich
      Hi everyone!
      I have been studying Spanish off and on now for about 10 years throughout middle/high school and now in college. It wasn't until I began doing language exchanges as an assignment for my college Spanish class that my conversational skills really began to improve. Currently, I am looking for a research topic for my Masters in Computer Science, and I would like to know whether anyone has used chatbots before to practice their language skills. I believe at least Mondly, Duolingo, and Memrise have made chatbots available for this purpose.
      In my opinion, chatbots have a lot of potential to help language learners develop their conversational skills to the point where they are comfortable enough to participate in language exchanges with native speakers. Especially for those just beginning to learn a language, chatbots might provide the opportunity to practice putting vocabulary and grammar into a conversational setting without the added pressure or expense of taking part in language exchanges or hiring a tutor.
      I would be interested to hear about your experiences using similar chatbots. What do you like/dislike about them? What would make interacting with them more interesting and engaging? Do you see chatbots as a potential resource for language learners?
      I realize that many of the chatbots available now are quite limited, but I am interested in learning what features, if any, would make a chatbot a useful tool for the language learning community.
      Best,
      bzylich
    • By freelancer7
      Just wanted to share an app I designed and built by myself called Unbordered. I would be grateful for any feedback. It's available for both iOS and Android for free.
      iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/unbordered-foreign-friend-chat/id1290410978
      Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unbordered
    • By Optimistic
      Hey guys, I wanted to share this great directory of free language learning resources.  
      The site is specific to Spanish, but many of the apps and resources are available in all languages. 
      Hope this helps! 
      www.learningspanishforfree.net