Linguaholic

Many forms of Hindi language?

pcgamer

Yes, the thing about Hindi is, there are a lot of  different forms of it. If you visit the northern India, you will witness a totally different accent that the other parts of India. You will have to adapt according to the places here. What do you think? Which style do you prefer?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

This is true with any most languages :P But I like Delhi Hindi and Mumbai Hindi. I like Delhi Hindi because that's the dialect my books teach and I like Mumbai Hindi because I think it sounds cool and funny :P

This is true with any most languages :P But I like Delhi Hindi and Mumbai Hindi. I like Delhi Hindi because that's the dialect my books teach and I like Mumbai Hindi because I think it sounds cool and funny :P

Yes, Delhi Hindi is prefect!

Delhi hindi has a bit too much of a haryanvi touch for my liking while Mumbai Hindi is just plain annoying. The simple plain Hindi that they speak in Madhya Pradesh and parts of Rajasthan sounds just fine to me.

Yeah, of course. I knew you'd be prejudicial since you belong to Rajasthan :)

Well I suppose it is to be expected that one would prefer the style they are accustomed to. Incidentally, my native place is actually in Haryana and not Rajasthan. Its just that I've lived in Rajasthan most of my life.  :smile:

Oh, I see. Some of my freinds are from Haryana and their accent is not what I would say 'perfect'. It's kinda unique the way you guys utter the words and use 'mhare', 'thare' and other few words.

Well, I am from Ahmedabad, Gujrat and here the Hindi is the most corrupt or with more words of Gujrati rather than Hindi. Say even the style of speaking is more Gujrati like HAI will spoken like CHHE or like. The Hindi movies are very popular more than Gujrati but Hindi is not popular.

Oh, I see. Some of my freinds are from Haryana and their accent is not what I would say 'perfect'. It's kinda unique the way you guys utter the words and use 'mhare', 'thare' and other few words.

That would just be veering into Haryanvi. When speaking Hindi also people from Haryana use a noticeably harsher tone and while the words themselves remain the same, some letters like न end up turning into ण. 

That would just be veering into Haryanvi. When speaking Hindi also people from Haryana use a noticeably harsher tone and while the words themselves remain the same, some letters like न end up turning into ण.

Yes, You guys pronounce words like 'ghana' differently. Most of my friends are form Haryana, but I still don't comprehend some parts of their conversation.