Linguaholic

Pearl has arrived

Pearl

Hi everyone, I am Pearl. I joined the forum as I am learning German and hope to gain both a stronger understanding as well as a place to talk to others in the German language. I look forward to meeting others here :)

10 hours ago, Pearl said:

Hi everyone, I am Pearl. I joined the forum as I am learning German and hope to gain both a stronger understanding as well as a place to talk to others in the German language. I look forward to meeting others here :)

Hey Pearl

It's nice having you here. I am a German native speaker so if you should have any questions about German, please go forward.

Best, 

Lingua

17 hours ago, linguaholic said:

Hey Pearl

It's nice having you here. I am a German native speaker so if you should have any questions about German, please go forward.

Best, 

Lingua

Hey Lingua,

Thanks for reaching out. Nice to see a German native speaker here :) Currently I'm going through lessons on the learning app Duo Lingo. It's nice though to have somewhere to write in German. Something I've also fund helpful is setting my iPhone and Mac's language setting to German. We all use our technology so much what better way to force yourself to adapt then make what you constantly look at work in the language you're currently learning?

Cordially,

Pearl

6 hours ago, Pearl said:

Hey Lingua,

Thanks for reaching out. Nice to see a German native speaker here :) Currently I'm going through lessons on the learning app Duo Lingo. It's nice though to have somewhere to write in German. Something I've also fund helpful is setting my iPhone and Mac's language setting to German. We all use our technology so much what better way to force yourself to adapt then make what you constantly look at work in the language you're currently learning?

Cordially,

Pearl

Hey Pearl

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, I think that setting all the devices to the foreign language that you are actually studying can help quite a bit. I do that, too. Duolingo is fine. You might also want to have a look at Memrise and Mondly. I kinda like Memrise. I am not very fond of Mondly, though.