Linguaholic

Flash games section?

I mentioned this, I believe, in another topic but I felt like it should be its own: Would it be too Icarus of the forum to add a games section separate of the forum format? What I mean is perhaps a Flash style gaming section that catered to the language you were learning?

Something that flashed (no pun intended) images that you match with the word in the desired language?I realize this would take a lot of work but I also feel it would greatly benefit the site.

While this is a good idea, I don't know how we would implement it. Would we program our own games or...?

But since this is mainly a discussion forum, I think we should stick to just posting and talking with each other to enchance our learning. I'm still up for a game section, just not a flash one.

Up to the admin to decide though.

I also believe that the idea is good, what I see really rather hard is finding the most suitable games matching the different languages that we have in Linguaholic.

On the other hand, free flash games often comes with embedded advertising that is pretty annoying, hence making the selection of games even harder, and probably non-affordable if going for paid versions.

hmm....I don't know a lot about flash games. I will inform myself about it.

If there are free "language flash games" available, I will think about implementing a section like this. Moreover I will have to find out how difficult it would be to implement this kind of thing.

Thanks! I thought so but I also know a lot of work would have to go into that.

I know I have played said games before but I cannot remember where or why. Rosetta Stone has a great way of implementing what I am referring to but they do not do it with any style of Flash program. They use actual images to help you in the learning process.

Thanks! I thought so but I also know a lot of work would have to go into that.

I know I have played said games before but I cannot remember where or why. Rosetta Stone has a great way of implementing what I am referring to but they do not do it with any style of Flash program. They use actual images to help you in the learning process.

Yeah I think that is the issue. Most people who make flash games aren't making them for educational purposes. I am not sure how many language flash games you will find out there for free.