Linguaholic

Spanish as a foreign language // International Exams

First of all I would like to mention that I just started to study Spanish. However, I really like it and will definitely continue to study it..and hopefully one day reach fluency :=)

As my skills in Spanish are very limited, there are still many things that I do not know (not only in terms of speaking,writing and so on, but also about taking exams etc). This is why I would like to ask what international exams can be taken in Spanish (spanish as a foreign language). In English for example you have the Cambridge exams, the IELTS and the TOEFL exams (there are more but those three are international and widely known).

What are the equivalent exams for foreign learners of Spanish and what makes them different from each other? If someone could tell me more about that, I would be very grateful  :angel:

• 2 months later...

I realize this post is 2 months old, but since no one replied, I thought I'd share with you what I know. In the US, if you want to obtain a job involving Spanish but don't have the official Spanish degree or class credits to back you up, you take what I believe is called the CLEP exam (they have them for a bunch of different categories, so you'd take the Spanish one in this case), and if you do well enough, that is sort of a voucher for your credibility that you know your language. :)

Here is the link to their general site:

https://clep.collegeboard.org

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...