Linguaholic

Greetings from the deep south!

ChanellG

Hello from the southern United States! I studied a little French in my youth, lost a lot through lack of use and now am trying to improve with Spanish. I have a couple CD "courses," but never really slow down to learn. Hopefully I can change that soon.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Hi ChanellG

Thank you very much for joining our community! Hopefully this forum will be able to assist you in your language learning endeavors! You will find lots of useful links here and many eager language learners :grin:

See you in the forums!

Thank you! I really want to make an effort with it. My friend is the organizer for a Spanish language meetup group so I would be able to practice, I just need to get busy and get to working at it.

Welcome to linguaholic Chanell!  :wacky:

How does a Spanish language group works? You get together and practice the language?

Welcome to linguaholic Chanell!  :wacky:

How does a Spanish language group works? You get together and practice the language?

Thanks for the welcome, Caparica! First, Meetup is a site where you sign up for different groups that reflect your interest. In my city there are groups for people who like books and reading, for people who like to go out for cocktails, for people who are active in outdoors activities...

The Spanish language group gets together every other week to practice and maintain their language skills. It's really for people who are already proficient, but when I signed up I thought it would work like the immersion method for me and force me to really listen and learn. I just never get a chance to go anymore.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks!