Linguaholic

Another story in the making

• 2 weeks later...

I could not decipher the look in her eyes, on one hand it was breathlessly soft yet on the other hand the steely and unrelenting gaze of an assassin was present.  Why was she here?  Was she sent to settle an old score between us or was it to rekindle the fire that always existed between us?

• 1 month later...

I had been trained extensively for these types of situations and yet I found myself nearly immobilized with fear.  My mind continued to spin and spin, racing through all of the possibilities and scenarios.  What was going on here and why was I consumed with such a fearful dread?

• 3 months later...

With shaky feet I went from room to room in search of him. The kitchen knife still behind my back and the anxiety building up in my heart to find him hiding somewhere around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I decided to drink the cup of tea that was cooling by now so that it would relax me as I thought of a better plan of attack. I could not believe it when I suddenly felt drowsy. An Aha moment occurred just before I drifted into dreamland. Could the man have drugged my tea when I went to other rooms looking for him?