Linguaholic

Olá!

andre-nunes

Hello everyone,

My name is André and I live in Portugal. At the moment I am learning German using an Android app, so far I'm enjoying myself but it can be a tough language at times, it's nothing like English in terms of difficulty. I think that it might be close to Portuguese it terms of difficulty but I was lucky to be born here and have that "asset" as native language  :tongue:

I'm learning German because I think it might help me in the future if I emigrate to a different European country, due to the economic crisis living in Portugal might not be the best choice after graduating and German is spoken in many "rich" countries like Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and so on.

I hope to help people learning Portuguese here and improve my other languages as well. :)

Dear André

Welcome to Linguaholic.com and Merry Christmas !

Thank you for this detailed introduction of yourself and your language learning plans. I hope you will have lots of fun around here !

See you in the forums

Hello Andre!! I wish you the best of luck with your learning endeavors. I would also like to learn German; could you tell me which android app you use and whether or not it is helpful? Portuguese is also one of the languages I would like to learn so if you would like to teach, I would love to learn!! In the meantime, happy posting and see you in the forums!!

Hello Andre!! I wish you the best of luck with your learning endeavors. I would also like to learn German; could you tell me which android app you use and whether or not it is helpful? Portuguese is also one of the languages I would like to learn so if you would like to teach, I would love to learn!! In the meantime, happy posting and see you in the forums!!

Hi, merry Christmas!  :grin:

I'm using Duolingo (not sure if I can link to it without going against the rules but you'll find it easily), I think it is the best app to learn languages, it has modules with reading, writing and speaking exercises. You earn points by practicing, it's really fun and it's a different way to learn a language.

The last time I checked, you could learn French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese there, but they were working on new languages.

Try it and tell me what you think of it. :)