Linguaholic

Traveling in Japan // In need for some useful phrases!

Hey all

In April I will have the opportunity to spend two weeks in Japan with my family. This is why I would like to learn some useful phrases.

Could you please help me to translate the following questions/phrases into Japanese? Thank you! It would be appreciated if you could indicate BOTH Characters and Romaji.

[Where is the closest Metro Station?]

[Excuse me, do you know the way to the train station?]

[sorry, what's the price for this X ?]

[Thank you so much for your kindness]

[i would like to order some more dishes.]

[i would like to order some more wine.]

[The bill, please]

[What's the time now?]

[Excuse me, I am searching for a bank]

[How old are you?]

[We are from Switzerland. My mother is working as a secretary and her boyfriend is a doctor. I am currently studying Chinese and Computational Linguistics at the University of Zurich.]

The last one might be a little bit hard to translate :=) But hopefully someone will come up with a nice translation for it:=)

Hi Marcel, hope this will help you:

[Where is the closest Metro Station?] - メトロの近くの駅がどこにありますか?[metoro no chikaku no eki ga doko ni arimasu ka]

[Excuse me, do you know the way to the train station?] - すみません、電車の駅がどこにありますか? [sumimasen, densha no eki ga doko ni arimasu ka]

[sorry, what's the price for this X ?] - すみません、このXがいくらですか? [sumimasen, kono X ga ikura desu ka]

[Thank you so much for your kindness] - どうもありがとうございました! [doomo arigatoo gozaimasita]

[i would like to order some more dishes.] - もっと皿を注文したいです [motto sara o chuumon sitai desu]

[i would like to order some more wine.] - もっとワインを注文したいです [motto wain o chuumon sitai desu]

[The bill, please] - 付け出しをお願いします [tsukedashi o negaishimasu]

[What's the time now?] - 今は、何時ですか? [ima wa, nanji desu ka]

[Excuse me, I am searching for a bank] - すみません、銀行はどこにありますか? [sumimasen, ginkoo wa doko ni arimasu ka]

[How old are you?] - 何歳ですか? [nansai desu ka]

[We are from Switzerland. My mother is working as a secretary and her boyfriend is a doctor. I am currently studying Chinese and Computational Linguistics at the University of Zurich.] - 私たちはスイスから来ました。お母さんは祐筆です。彼女の恋人は医者です。私は現在はチューリッヒの大学で中国語とコンピュータの語源学を勉強します。 [watashi wa suisu kara kimasita. okaasan wa yuuhitsu desu. kanozyo no koiboto wa isya desu. watashi wa genzai wa chuurihhi no daigaku de chuugoku to konpyuuta no gogengaku o benkyoosimasu]

Have a nice trip!