Linguaholic

How you can earn through Creative Writing Courses

dianamorales

Do you know that there are many ways for you to maximize your hobby in writing and turn it into an opportunity to earn? You might have heard of freelance writing, creative writing, blogging, article writing, editing, technical writing, and even writing e-books. These are but some of the ways that you can earn, even from the comfort of your own home.

Although these may seem easy enough, in reality, it is much harder than you think. Developing the art of writing may take years of constant practice and hard work. You develop your skills by learning through experience.

For beginners on the trade or learners who what to establish a career in writing, there are quite a number of schools who offer creative writing for students or courses in journalism for aspiring journalists. On the other hand, people who want to improve on their grammar, sentence construction, word use or even the use of punctuations may avail of English writing courses to hone their skills.

For more info, visit www.CareerlineCourses.com.au

I couldn't agree more when you said that it may seem easy, but it's actually not.

I am currently studying Journalism, and honestly, this is SERIOUSLY hard work. It's true, anyone can write, but not in the same way as creative writers (and journalists, hehe) do. My professor said, and I quote, "Everyone can write, but we do it the right way." Some people may think that it's foolish to study on this field, but I say that they're just underestimating the craft.

When I was talking to a famous writer here in our country, he told me that writing is learned OVER TIME, not overnight. I definitely think so, too.

• 1 month later...

Although I am a fluent English speaker I sometimes doubt myself of the possibilities I could accomplish in wrting. I think that doing a creative writing course would be a good way to increase my potential and also give me the confidence I need to trust myself whenever I write.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I do some of these things, mostly freelance writing and e-books. Indeed, it is not as easy as it seems. I've written two novels and numerous articles. One thing most don't realize is that being a writer is usually a minimum wage job. Most people think of Hollywood, TV, or Newspapers/Magazines when they think of writers. Most writers do not have such glamorous jobs. I'm still a novice. My goals are to get bigger and better writing gigs and to get a traditional book publishing deal.

I write feature articles sometimes as a freelance writer. Although I already have an 8-5 job as a writer for a government agency, I still enjoy writing about the things that I want. Sometimes, I write for magazines and newspapers. Although the pay is per piece, it is still fun.

• 2 months later...

I left my full time job to write for a living because it has always been my passion. I must agree that one gets better with experience. I read some of the articles that I wrote may years back and I cringe at all the errors. Writing is not for the fainthearted who are not able to withstand criticisms. It is hard work that pays handsomely over time. Being taught to perfect the art of writing gets my vote.